ContactRoom: Room I4-309 (3rd floor)
M-Th: 8:00am - 6:00pm
F: 8:00am - 3:00pm
ATTENTION TO ALL STUDENTS:
Due to the current situation with COVID-19, our department will continue to serve our students remotely. All district campuses and facilities are closed physically to the public, until further notice. For status updates, please visit the San Diego Mesa College website for information and updates at https://sdmesa.edu
EOPS counselors and staff are still available to serve you and will be working remotely during this time.
For assistance, our operating department phone/email hours will be
Monday - Thursday from 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. and Fridays from 8:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
For questions after hours of operation, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will respond within 1-2 business days. Please be ready with your Mesa College
ID number so we can better assist you.
HOW TO CONTACT US:
For more information contact: San Diego Mesa College
EOPS Office, Student Services building
I4-309, 7250 Mesa College Drive
San Diego, CA 92111-4998
Phone: 619-388-2706, contact us
WHAT is FAST Scholars?
Fostering Academic Success and Transitions (FAST) Scholars - serves current and former foster youth with support services such as counseling, priority registration, book service, school supplies, assistance with Financial Aid and CHAFEE, and specialized workshops.
What are the fast scholars services?
- Academic/Personal/Career Counseling
- Priority Registration
- Book Service
- Assistance with applying to FAFSA, CHAFEE grant, and scholarships
- Specialized workshops
- And much more!
What are the FAST scholars requirements?
- Be current or former foster youth.
- Provide a verification of your dependency status (known as a Dependency Letter).
- Must apply for financial aid and list San Diego Mesa College as your campus of record
- Be under the age 26 at the beginning of the academic year (If age 26 at the start of the academic year or older, student is eligible for academic services only, with the exception of resources provided from outside agencies and access to the FAST Center)
to APPLy, click on the link below
Applications will be reviewed starting on June 22nd. Check your mySDCCD portal 3-4 weeks after you enroll for your Fall 2020 classes. To find out your Fall 2020 registration date, check your mySDCCD portal. Registration for Fall 2020 begins on June 22nd.
For more information contact: Blanca “Melissa” Zavala at email@example.com or contact EOPS at 619-388-2706